You guys, I can't even.  This is just ridiculous.  Not since the Oregon Trail has one family seen so much sickness. Ok maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but really these colds/ear infections/stomach bugs just keep making the rounds. The kids don't actually get it as bad as Kip and I do.  We're like total amateur parents who can't handle kid germs.

I started out the week really great! I went to Bar Method twice. The second time, the day I got sick, I felt really weak, like I had cement blocks on my feet.   It was all pretty sad and ugly from there. And then, I actually gained a pound this week! Rude. 

So do I need to be drinking green drinks every morning? Does regularly washing one's hands count for nothing these days?



Last week my friend Tina, wanted to know what I've been eating to lose 2-3 lbs a week.  I think it's a complicated mix of things.

First, it's baby weight that I put on in a matter of 4 months (I gained nothing the first trimester and most of the second since I was vomiting most of the time, then I gained 45 lbs in 4 months - it. was. awesome.)  From my previous experience with Edward, it would have come off in about two years if I did nothing.  So losing most of it in 6 months is a big accomplishment for me, but not totally monumental. 

Second, I've only lost that much over the last couple weeks and I've had a combination of sick kids, an out of town husband, a sick husband and a baby who won't let me put him down. I think it's less about what I'm eating and more about how much I'm eating. While I've been trying to stick close to my daily calorie goal, I've probably been way more active than I give myself credit (see last weeks post). 

To be honest, I probably wasn't eating enough (never a problem for me usually).  I plan on paying better attention to what I'm eating in the next few weeks.  I don't want to burn out.  Skinny and crying in a corner because I can't handle my kids is not really what I'm going for.T

But here are a few things I do eat regularly:  

Durkee & Turkey Sandwich - when I need a quick snack, I can usually make myself a half a sandwich with one hand (one-handed eating is key with a 5 month-old). I use whatever bread we have, slather a little bit of Durkee's Famous Sauce plus a couple slices of deli turkey, fold it over and eat it.  This is good enough when I don't have time for a proper hearty sandwich and better than a handful of Edward's goldfish. 

Rotisserie Chicken & Bag of Veggies - I eat a lot of rotisserie chickens from the grocery store. Protein always fills me up and I'm weird about cooking chicken. I almost always have one in my fridge. I also love to have a bag of mixed veggies on hand (usually the asparagus bag). I pull it from the freezer and sautée it with a tiny bit of olive oil and whatever spices I have. I could eat half the bag and it fills me up for very few calories. On days I'm feeling super lazy/overwhelmed this combo works really well for a healthy, easy dinner. (Don't ask me what Edward eats, that's a whole other blog post)

Spinach Salads - I'm trying to incorporate more salads I to my meals. I made a really good one last night. Spinach, red onions, blueberries, crumbled goat cheese, slivered almonds and Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette. As long as you don't go crazy on the goat cheese, this is pretty light and satisfying. 



Gwyneth Paltrow's Go-To Tomato Sauce with anything that needs tomato sauce i.e. Spaghetti Squash, Trader Joe's Kale Parmesan Balls, Light Meat Balls 

This Kale Caesar Salad Recipe 

Finally, anything from Skinnytaste.com. I love her recipes. 

Do y'all have any Go-To healthy recipes? I'd love for you to share them!! 

I'll share more next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top