* via
* This summer I want to be one of those cute tennis ladies who plays lots of tennis and looks cute (but wears a bra)

Lbs of baby weight lost this week: 3.0
Total weight loss:  16.6 lbs 

Y'all.  What?  I had prepared a great post of excuses this week for why I gained weight.  So this was a huge surprise.  You see, the week started off great.  I signed up for 3 Bar classes, I was getting at least 20 minutes of running/walking on the treadmill daily and tracking my calories like it was my job.  And then, the children got sick, specifically the baby.  And when your baby has a 103 temperature your world stops.  So does sleep training, sleeping in general, doing things with two hands and wearing clean clothes.  He's going to be fine, just a cold and possibly an ear infection (Edward is finally sharing!) But, mom's out there know, those days when your kids are sick are pretty much black holes of non-productivity.  You do what you gotta do to get through the day.

I'm super surprised I lost 3 lbs this week.  That's quite a bit for one week.  More than I plan for and I'll chalk it up to a combination of stress weight loss, post-Christmas water weight and a tiny dinner last night (on account of* the baby enforcing his own 3 hour bedtime routine).  My arms are sore like I worked out, but I think it's from carrying the baby around and trying to compensate for his little arched-back-leap out of my arms that he tries to do every now and then.  
So, yes, it was some kind of week and I'm ending it feeling way less energized than I started.  Weight loss or not, that's not a good thing.  But that's what's great about blogging this journey.  You never know where it's going to take you and this is real life.  No trainers, personal chefs, full-time help or juice fasts (although I would take any of those, except the juice fasts, if offered).  And this kind of week is something all moms have to deal with at some point or another.  So if you had that kind of week too, just know we've all been there.  And you know what's great, this week is definitely going to be better!

* I was just trying to be like Wendy Williams there.  She always says on account of (one thing or another).  Yes, I watch her show.  She makes me happy. 

So let's look at my goals from last week and see what I accomplished:
  • Track my calories every day with My Fitness Pal (my username is jhadley32 if you want to be friends) - hmmm kind of, I may have tried to ignore some of the stress eating I was doing, but I was pretty good
  • Go back to Bar Method at least twice this week - Didn't happen at all
  • Do 20 minutes on the treadmill at least five times this week- 3 times 
  • Fall down the stairs - wait that wasn't a goal, but ya, that happend too.  I'm fine, just bruised.  Stairs and socks don't mix. 
New Goals:
  • Track my calories everyday with My Fitness Pal. 
  • Make at least one new healthy meal 
  • Go back to Bar Method at least one time this week 
  • Do at least 20 minutes on the treadmill at least three times this week  
What are your goals this week?  I'd love to hear them!! 

Here are a few links and takeaways from this week: 

I started a Pin Board for When the Baby Weight (and then some) is Gone

Is Your Kale Smoothie Harming Your Thyroid?

7 Things to Do Today

8 Week Plan to Go From Walker to Runner - I may try this (maybe)

My friend and New York Running Coach suggested this article on getting back into running since my New Year's Resolution was to actually run a mile and then some kind of K race. 

Motivation: Woman Films 100-Days of Workouts, Learns to Love Herself (Y'all she is doin' it!)

FTC Charges Four Weight-Loss Companies with False-Advertising

U.S. News and World Report named the DASH Diet the best overall diet (Guess What? Paleo came in last)

9 Steps to Making Your New Year's Resolutions Last Longer


Diet Buster: Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps Dark Chocolate Crunch 18 oz (but they're soooo good)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top