Helloo Friends! Did Christmas happen?  I can't remember.  It went by wayyyy too quickly if it did.   Actually, the only reason I know Christmas really happened is because we have a billion more toys and I am now the proud owner of this gal!

Meet Theresa
This is Theresa. And if you were wondering, yes, she's judging you.  She may be just a shepherd lady, but she owns it.  Her sheep don't cross her and they never stray.

She thinks you're weak and silly.

She once had a boyfriend who offered another young maiden some bread. She loosened the screws of his wheel barrow and he lost 3 days wages. Then she killed his chickens. 
 Theresa wants to know what you're complaining about.  Whatever it is, she thinks it's dumb.  Her motto is: You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.  
Theresa has never cried.

If you're my Facebook friend, you already know this.  It was quite a shock.  I thought she was gone.  Last time I went to the antique shop where she lived for over a year, she wasn't there, and I really wanted to cry.  I had made up this whole back story for her (see above), and the thought of her living with someone who didn't appreciate her was very upsetting.  It turns out, my in-laws were riding around town reading my blog and came across this post.  After I'm sure questioning just how I may have tainted the gene pool, they decided I had to have her for Christmas.  I mean, nicest in-laws ever.  Seriously. And yes, I cried when I saw her.

Sooo I'm pretty sure Theresa will live in the dining room, which needs some serious attention.   It was always my weird dream to have a portrait of a judge presiding over my dinner parties (see my explanation here).  But good Lord, if Theresa isn't the judgiest!

Judging the Dinner Parties



Y'all gave me great advice on painting the room and I'm going to take it and go light and neutral.  I think I'm going to go with the swatch on the top far left (Valspar Homestead Resort Parlor Taupe).  It's a taupey cream.  Kind of boring, but works well in the room.  We definitely need a new (bigger) buffet and to recover the chairs.  I want sort of a southern parlour feel if that makes any sense.

Here's what I'm thinking:


Dining Room Inspiration


Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top