Hello friends! I'm blogging from my phone today. My internet is acting up. I suspect the suboptimal arctic tundra we're living in is to blame. So I'm sharing some pics of my house from my phone today :) 

As promised, here's a few of the new library. 


I'm still working on the bookshelves. We actually want it to be a functional library filled with all of our books so I'm trying to balance it with my need to have styled, pretty shelves. 

For those who are curious, the wood is maple. We had everything assembled off-site and then installed to look built-in.  We had some issues with staining that I'll go over in a separate post. But overall I'm really happy with it and feel that any flaws give it character. 




There's another small built-in across from this that I have yet to tackle.   I'm waiting until I feel better. Styling bookshelves is way more fun to do at night after the kids go to bed with a glass of champagne.  I learned that from The Suze. 

My dream for this room is a desk in the window, curtains, a cozy English roll-arm sofa and a big leather reading chair for Kip. 

How pretty is this orchid from Trader Joe's? The blue and white pot was a Christmas gift from my brother and sister-in-law.  Theresa (in the background) is pleased that the orchid color flatters her skin tone, but she is not impressed that we have yet to paint her room or properly hang her on the wall.   


And finally, on a whim, I picked up some carnations at the grocery store (quelle horreur!) 


I was looking for my favorite pale peachy pink roses, but they didn't have any. I actually love a big bunch of white carnations. They only had one so I grabbed the light green bunch as well. I was hoping for sort of a hydrangea look. As my friend commented, "they're quite ruffled and pretty."  She has superior taste so I feel affirmed. 

So that's what's happening at my house. I can also tell you there's not a single toy on the floor. Not one. I swear on my De Gourney wallpaper ;) 

Oh oh oh! I almost forgot! My fairy godmother of houses a.k.a. The previous owner of our home (the one who did all of the pretty stuff) dropped off an extra roll of the nursery wallpaper that she had in case we had any accidents. Isn't that so sweet?! I had a lot of people ask what the wallpaper is so now I can finally tell you: 


Echo Design pattern no. 56643949

So that's that. Have a lovely day! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top