Y'all, I did it. 

I lost the baby weight! But guess what? My jeans are still a little tight sooo that's awesome.  BUT I saw the old number on the scale for the first time in 15 months!!! I did a little "yessss" and a fist pump like the lady tennis players do when they win a point. 

For the past few weeks I'd been hovering around my pre-baby weight, 1 lb here, 2lbs there, 3 lbs away like every other other day. Yet I never actually saw the darn number on the scale. It's like when you're little and your brother is holding his finger a centimeter away from your shoulder and saying "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you."  It was soo annoying. 

But I just kept doing my thing and not letting it make me crazy and it came off. And while it was nice to see the old number on the scale, it's just a number.  I'm still not rocking any crop tops over here.  I am, however, rocking my old velour Juicy track suit from 2003, and, you know what, it feels good. I'm not ashamed. You know it's bad when you're excited about fitting back into leisure suits with elastic waist bands from 10 years ago.  


The Skinny
Here are some things that I have learned throughout this process that I would like to share: 

It's all about calories in, calories out. 

When I pay attention to my calories, I naturally eat better because the healthy stuff is more satisfying for fewer calories. 

Because I'm more inclined to make healthy choices, I don't feel like I'm dieting  because they're my choices and nobody told me to eat it. 

If I want to indulge I can, but at a certain point I better exercise to makeup for the extra calories I'm taking in. 

When I exercise, I feel good. 

When I feel good, I eat better. 

And it's all a nice little circle of health that leads to me losing weight in a healthy, sustainable way.  

I'm sure y'all are like, "duh Jennifer, you didn't know this?" I did. But I didn't know it know it.  I'm such an expert as this now that I'm basically Gwyneth Paltrow.  


My New Favorite Thing to Eat
Like Gwyneth, I'm going to give you an annoying too healthy sounding recipe that's actually really good. I've been eating this on the reg and I think it's really helped me get back into my leisure pants. 

Eat Out Of The Fridge With A Baby In One Arm Kale/Quinoa Salad:




It's basically kale, cooked quinoa, red onion, slivered almonds, crumbled goat cheese and a lemon vinaigrette that I make myself (equal parts olive oil and lemon juice, a touch of Dijon mustard, a little garlic and a little sugar). Gwyneth would not approve of things like sugar and goat cheese, but we won't tell her. 

It's great because you can make it and put it in the fridge and it's even better the next day. The dressing soaks into the Kale leaves but they never get all wilty and slimey like lettuce and spinach does after a day or two. It's been my go-to lunch and it has made a huge difference. I make a big batch and it lasts a couple of days. 

And if all else fails, get Gwyneth Paltrow's cookbook, set it on your counter and feel her fresh-faced, clear eyes judging you as you eye the Penne with Vodka Sauce recipe you are dying to make. It sometimes works! 


 On to my next goal, lose the "I got married and comfortable" weight. This will be a lot harder. It's creeper weight that happened over the course of 5 or 6 years. 

See ya next week! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top