Things to Remember: My baby weight helped make these juicy thighs.


Lbs of baby weight lost this week: 2.3 

Total weight loss:  18.9 lbs

Y'all, I am now within 5 lbs of my pre-pregnancy weight!  I'm starting to feel like I got this.  Part of me really wants to work really hard and knock it out next week, but we'll see.  If it doesn't happen, I'll be ok.  I'm just ready and motivated to start on my next set of goals (the I got married and comfortable weight). 

Speaking of goals,  I did not accomplish one thing on my goals list.  Not one. The closest thing I got to a healthy recipe was my slow cooker pot roast (fairly healthy) and the sushi I ordered last night.  I watched my portions, kept close to my calorie goals and tried to make good choices. 

And while I did not do any actual exercise, I don't feel too bad because I was running around after my kids like a chicken with my head cut off this week. 

How does one "run around" after a sedentary 5-month-old who can only just roll over? 

Let me illustrate: 

I put Baby Christopher on a blanket with a toy in the family room.  Edward wants milk. 
I run to the kitchen.  Christopher screams like he's dying (classic second child trick/survival skill).
I run to the family room. Edward wants a fruit snack.
I carry Christopher to the kitchen, get a fruit snack, open it with one hand and some teeth (mom skillz). Christopher has a blowout.
I run to the family room where the diapers are. We're out of wipes. They are upstairs.
I run upstairs with the baby get wipes. Doorbell rings. Dog barks. Am I wearing pants?
I run downstairs. It's just UPS. (The box will sit there until the next person rings my doorbell and tells me I have a package outside).
I have forgotten about Christopher's diaper. My arm is warm. I remember Christopher's diaper. He needs a bath. I need new clothes.
I run upstairs to the bath. Edward is downstairs yelling about something. I yell back that he shouldn't yell. He wants another fruit snack. Too bad. Mom-guilt sets in.
After bath and new clothes, I run downstairs. Edward now wants chocolate. No way. Unless he goes potty or cleans. He wants to go potty.
I put Christopher down in the lamby (strapped in). He freaks.
Edward is already in the potty trying to do it himself.
Christopher is successfully trying to get out of the lamby.
Edward missed the potty.
I get Christopher.
I get a towel.
I clean the bathroom one handed whilst juggling a back-diving baby. 
Edward wants a fruit snack. 

That is about 20 minutes of any given day for me.

It is the reason exercise is so important to me.  Clearly, I can lose weight without exercise.  But I can also lose my mind.  I need those endorphins.  I need the energy.  Because despite how exhausting it sounds, I love that I have the privilege of running around after these crazy kids.


Here's to a new week!

Enjoy some of these linkies:

Best response to mean comments about Gabourey Sidibe's Golden Globes Red Carpet look: "I mos def cried about it ... On my private jet ..." Guuuurl!

I want to try this kale salad and this kale salad (I do love kale)

This crock pot pork tenderloin might be on my meal plan too this week

Top 10 Whys and Hows of Keeping a Food Diary (I agree with all of it)

An amazing weight loss before-and-after (I love these!)

Someday I will wear this bikini

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top