Theresa is mildly impressed
Look, we painted the dining room! 

Theresa was giving me the side-eye every time I walked by her.  She thinks indecision is a sign of weakness.

The wall color is Farrow & Ball Clunch on recommendation from Holly from Things That Inspire.  (She did her dining room in the same color here). The trim is the same color as the rest of the house (Benjamin Moore Simply Irresistable) so it's slightly darker with a bit more yellow in it. 

I'm really, really happy with how it turned out.  It completely brightened up the room. 

BUT,

That white ceiling does nothing for me.

It's begging for some color.

We're going to go the Southern route and throw a little "haint blue" up there.  "Haint blue" refers to the low country tradition of painting your porch ceilings blue to ward off evil spirits and bugs.  It can be lots of different shades of blue.  

Husk (yummm) via Carolina Collegiate
If anyone has ever had the pleasure of all of your children crying at the same time, while you're on a conference call, and furniture delivery people are at the door so your dog is barking like a maniac, you understand my need to ward off evil spirits.  That happened Friday.  It was special.  More on that later.

So before I can do anything else in the dining room, I have to go get paint samples, which is only my favorite thing to do ever.  The color I want is an "I'll know it when I see it" color.   The ever elusive, light-specific, perfect greenishbluishgrayish color that I'm always trying to find. I can see it in my head, but can never quite get it right.

Kind of similar to what I'm seeing on my screen in this room by Cathy Kincaid, who uses this color often and well. 



I really like the subtlety of the blue on this porch.



Maybe something like Sherwin Wiliams Topsail, which is used on the cabinets in this kitchen by Tobi Fairley.


Or we could go a little bolder with  Benjamin Moore's Woodlawn Blue, as seen on this porch ceiling




Another option is the ever popular Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue:




Any other suggestions? I'm all ears!

I'll keep you updated!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top