Lbs of baby weight lost this week: 1.1
Total weight loss: 4.4



Before we get to my takeaways from the week, let's talk about one of my favorite topics: celebrities.  I posted a little bit about this a few weeks ago, but celebrities and their baby weight woes have been in the news again. 

In "I knew it!" News, Tori Spelling admitted she really lost the baby weight by "eating air."  Nice.  I
On the one hand, I respect her for at least admitting it, but on the other hand I'm annoyed. 



Of her major lie that she lost the weight by swimming laps, Tori says, "Women didn't want to know that I had lost weight through dieting, not exercising. I didn't want to be the a--hole who didn't work for it. So I said that I swam. It was sort of a bad choice. I can't do much more than a doggy paddle."

YES WE DID TORI!!!  We want to know that you lost that weight by eating air, so at least when we are eating healthy and swimming laps and not losing it in a week, we're not wondering what is wrong with us. 


Like, ugh why can't people just be normal???  But this article brought up a good point, maybe Miss Tori (who was once a friend-in-my-head, but now I feel a little betrayed) is just as exhausted as the rest of us and has no idea how to do it all because basically it is impossible. 

It is hard. 

But it's ok for things to be hard every once in awhile.  It's just so silly to pretend like everything post-baby is easy.  It's wonderful and heavenly and beautiful, but it's not easy.  Why is that such a problem?

Anyway, enough ranting

This article about Jessica Simpson restored my faith in celebrities.  I love you Jess!


Soo here are my takeaways from this week. 

The Bad
So 4.4 lbs isn't much of a dent into those 20 lbs of baby weight I have left.  It's not exactly where I wanted to be after 6 weeks.  But once again I'm not surprised because I haven't been great about eating healthy.  The problem is taking the time to nourish myself as well as my children.  I tend to just grab whatever is easy while I'm rocking Christopher to sleep or folding my laundry.  "Easy" has not necessarily translated to healthy.  So my goal this week is to pay attention to what I eat and only put good things in my body.  I'm also going to try and make very healthy dinners every night of the week.  (Omg)  I'll report back next Sunday with my hits and misses!

November is a new beginning for me as well as a last chance to get into some healthy habits for the holidays.  The holidays are not actually hard for me to eat well, I just don't want to be thinking about it as much.  They say it takes three weeks to form a habit, so here's hoping it's true!

The Good
I've been great about working out.  I've been going to my Bar Method classes 3-4 times a week for the last 4 weeks or so and I can say that I'm starting to see and feel a difference.  Everything is tightening up and I'm fitting back into my old clothes despite the fact that I'm not near my old weight.  It's really motivating and just goes to show that the number on the scale is not the end-all be-all.  I've also been using this daily Ab Workout app to get a few extra crunches in when I have a moment.  So overall, I'm feeling very positive about the way things are going. 

They posted this on the Bar Method Facebook page, and I found it pretty motivating. 



So I will.  Until next week ...

P.S.  Is anyone else out there struggling with post-baby weight loss?  Or am I the only one, out here alone in the wilderness eating everything but air and not swimming laps.  I'd love to hear your stories and frustrations.  Is there anything you want me to write more about? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top