Lbs of baby weight lost this week: 1.6
Total weight loss: 9.7 




Better late than never, right! I'm almost at the double secret 10 lb weight loss goal that I set to reach before Thanksgiving.  I wasn't sure I could do it, but I really wanted to do it so I set the goal in my head and didn't tell anybody.  Now that I'm basically there I'm feeling really motivated because I'm starting to see glimpses of my old self, which is a great feeling.

Unfortunately, not a whole lot to report from the last week.  I ate a lot of meat and vegetables. That seems to be a pretty good formula for me, which is kind of unfortunate because I love lots of pastas and sauces.  But eating lots of meat and vegetables makes me feel better and more energetic.  And I'm trying to eat more for energy and less for something to do while watching Real Housewives (except I'm pretty sure no one can eat while watching Miami, right?) 

This image makes me happy


I will tell you a story about something I realized I've been doing, which is rather strange.  In an effort to cut out a few calories, I cut down on the coffee creamer.  I switched to nonfat and only allowed myself 1 to 2 tablespoons a day.  The nonfat only saved me about 10 calories, which I can burn trying to get Edward dressed in the morning, but it wasn't the same and I felt a little deprived.  I haven't had a problem cutting out other things, but my morning coffee with creamer is what I look forward to before I go to bed.  SO my messed up little head began to rationalize that since I cut that out, I can just drive through Starbucks and get myself a nice grande nonfat, no whip peppermint mocha.

And then it became a daily thing (shame spiral).  So while I was cutting out 10 calories with the creamer I was adding 290 calories with the Starbucks.  And what's worse, I was good at math in high school so I should really know better.  

Me or Britney? It's hard to tell.


So one day, while I was guzzling my yummy delicious peppermint mocha beverage in a red Christmas cup (!!), an angel whispered in my ear, "Are you serious, Clark?" and then she pinched me.  I knew it.  I knew what I was doing.  Like an addict, I was getting my fix, but rationalizing it somehow.  So now I'm cutting out the Starbucks cutting down on the Starbucks this week (like once or twice) and going back to my old full fat creamer that's only 10 calories more than the completely unsatisfying nonfat creamer and we'll see what happens.  It's been two days and I have to say feeling satisfied has made a big difference.

I mean this is so dumb.  But it's important to listen to myself and know when I'm pushing it to a place where it's not going to work. 

Haaa.


So I guess the lesson I learned this week is, yes, you have to give up a lot when you're trying to lose weight and you have to make a lot of little changes, but you can't deprive yourself.  And you can't make too many changes that take you away from your inner Britney.

Ok maybe that last part only applies to me.


P.S. This is how it's done, Miley.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top