lbs of baby weight lost this week: 2.2 (whoot!)

Ok y'all Week 2 was admittedly bad.  I mean I was in Dallas, surrounded by queso! So I was all YOLO and enjoyed myself.  But I made up for it this week! I really didn't do much dieting (ugh that word is so 80s), but rather tried to make some better choices.  I'm happy some little tweaks made a difference.  And remember this is baby weight y'all so it's going to come off a little faster



Here are some of my takeaways from this week: 

Myfitnesspal (my username is jhadley32 for those of y'all on there)

Ok one of the things I love about this app is that regardless of whether or not I stay under my calorie goal for the day (and I rarely do), I have an opportunity to look back and see where I can make changes.

Like for instance, I can see when I look over my food choices from the past week that I need to chill out on the Pepperidge Farm goldfish. Chill. The. Fat. Lady. Out.  Edward's snacks don't need to become my snacks just because they're there.

And speaking of Edward's snacks, I should probably lay off his Potty Treats too. "Oh are you potty training?" Nooooo. Hence the availability of potty treats all for me. M&Ms if you're wondering. 

These are empty calories I will probably be replacing with wine next week. 

This week I cut down on the two things I noticed I was getting a little cray cray on over the past few weeks.  Coffee and soda. The soda was easy to replace with water, but coffee is another ball game. It's not so much the coffee as the creamer I insist on drinking with it. I vowed early on that I would not compromise on my beloved Hazlenut Pumpkin Spice Peppermint Mocha Creamy Goodness, but the numbers don't lie. It was getting excessive.  And I'm here to change.  So I'm weaning myself like a baby.  Under protest. 

I'm letting myself have a tablespoon of creamer in my first morning cup of coffee, but after that, I drink it black with a sugar packet. A real sugar packet.  Don't try to sell me stevia. It tastes like ground up aspirin to me. 

It's working out rather nicely and hasn't been difficult at all. I'm not about deprivation. That's the quickest way to find yourself in  a food coma with Whataburger and chicken fingers with Ranch dressing strewn across your sleeping body. That and a night out with my 23-year-old sister and her friends.

Recipe of the Week


Gwyneth Paltrow's Go-to Tomato Sauce from It's All Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great (which sits on my counter so she can smugly judge my food choices)

I could eat this with a spoon. It's the perfect sauce for meatballs, ravioli and just plain pasta. It's easy to make and very low cal. 

Ingredients
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
4 large fresh basil leaves
2 28oz cans of whole peeled tomatoes with their juice
Coarse Sea Salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Directions
1. Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan on low heat
2. Add the garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring to make sure garlic does not burn
3. Add 2 of the basil leaves and stir for 1 minute
4. Add in both cans of tomatoes with their juices and remaining basil leaves
5. Turn to high and bring to a boil
6. Lower heat and allow sauce to simmer for 45 minutes
7. Stir occasionally and crush tomatoes with a wooden spoon

Bar Method

For the first time in a while, I'm really sore, which means I'm making progress.  I love that feeling.  I know that I'm that much stronger. And I need to be stronger to fight Edward. 

Just kidding.  I don't fight children. 

But if you've ever had an overtired crazed 3-year-old do a running leap to latch on to your neck while screaming "I'm going to fight you mommy" in some weird alien voice, then you understand what I'm saying.  I need to be stronger than my 3 year-old because even though he's small he has a fire inside him that can uproot and take down a small tree. I've seen it. 


The Biggest Myth (somebody lied to me) 




Let's take a moment to address my biggest disappointment this week.  Finding out Marylin Monroe was not the zaftig fellow curvy gal I defer to when I am feeling a little fluffy.  The recent release of some of her medical records show that she was, in fact, 5' 6" and 115 lbs.

That's not curvy. That's tiny.

It's also not a size 10 like everyone always tries to say she was. 

She had a 22 inch waist, y'all!! What?? Perhaps it gave the illusion of curves because it's freakishly small.  Ok, maybe not freakishly (yes it is).   I don't want to offend any 22-inch-waisters out there.  I'm just jealous.  But really, if you have a 22 inch waist, why on earth are you still reading?? Go! Put on a bikini and stand in your front yard for all the world to see. That's what I'd be doing. 

Until next week ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top