Just a few little things happening around the house that I thought I'd share (from my iPhone because I don't have time for the big girl camera.)  My birthday is coming up and this year I asked for more blue and white. I kind of forgot about my birthday to be honest. It's somewhat anti-climactic after you have a baby. But I've received some lovely gifts already. 

My in-laws gave me these blue and white Ralph Lauren lamps after I had inquired about all of the pretty new ones they've added to their own home.  I was soo excited when I opened them to find they had gotten me a pair! 

They've found a home on our antique console table upstairs.  I love that you can see them from downstairs when you walk in the front door. 


I also started receiving random pieces of blue and white in the mail and couldn't figure out where they were coming from. Not a bad problem to have. A couple of them found a spot in our kitchen. 


Of course, they were from The Suze. Usually if a blue and white ginger jar mysteriously shows up at your house, it's from The Suze.  That's how she rolls. 

Finally, our new sectional for the basement arrived. It's huge and so cozy. Because of the hard turn in the stair well coming down to the basement we had to get creative with the sectional pieces. These are things I don't think about when selecting furniture so I'm glad Kip does. It's hard to get a good picture because there's no natural light down there. 


There's also a small child who had to break it in before we were allowed to sit on it. 



The fabric is a grey velvet that I'm hoping will hold up well. We're still trying to get it organized and cleaned out down there so it's a bit of a mess. I want it to be a fun place to play and curl up in the winter. Having an obnoxiously big sofa to curl up on is a good start for our cozy basement.  I'm now on the hunt for some colorful throw pillows, an ottoman and maybe a colorful rug for layering.  I'm seeing lots of pink and lavender. 

Btw, the wall color is Benjamin Moore Sage Tint and I love it. Very relaxing and calming and looks good with almost any color. 

So that's all on the home front.  I'm going to look for some stuff to zhuzh up the basement today.  And, of course, I'll share them with you. 

Enjoy your Monday! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top