Ok y'all, since we got our new sectional sofa (as seen in yesterday's post), I'm a little more motivated to tidy up the basement.  One of the things that I know drives Kip crazy is the piles and piles of photos all over the house that need frames.  It drives me crazy, too.  I get really overwhelmed by the task of displaying family pictures, and I think part of it is because you so rarely see it in magazines.   I also have a problem picking the right frames.  My original thought was to do a gallery wall going down the basement stairs.  Then my friend-in-my-head India Hicks posted this image on Instagram and I was like, "oohhhhh that is gooood." 





The thing I love about this, is that there is no pressure to "get it right" like there is with a gallery wall.  You can add and subtract frames and pictures at your whim and you do not have to worry about getting the placement just perfect.  I love the look of a gallery wall, but I think one of the reasons those pictures sat there in a pile for so long (I'm talking years) is because I was a little bit intimidated by the gallery wall.  

So I mayy have impulsively gone out and bought a million picture frames.  I have no plan.  Just t'ee in the way (in Nell's voice) (too weird?) (too early 90s?)

Stay tuned!


Psst, I made one more impulse purchase. 

These Japanese Landscape Print pillow cases from Zara Home.  



I'm thinking they could be cool in the guest room.  But I don't know.  I just saw that most of it was sold out so I panicked and felt like I needed to have them.  If they don't work out, I'll consider selling them on the blog.  I'm trying to purge not horde, but so far I'm not doing a very good job of it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top