Due to the government shutdown, Slim Down Sunday will not be available this week. It has nothing to do with the empty cup of ice cream you see there. No ma'am.  It also has nothing to do with my sweet overtired toddler who developed a strange emotional attachment to my Mom's car and collapsed in a pile of tears every time someone drove it away thus driving me to drink (queso) (from Mi Cocina) (a bowl not a cup)  Nope.  It's the government's fault. 

I was great. Really. I was real good at eating and exercising and stuff like that, I swear. And I would love to tell you about it, but I can't, due to, uh, lack of funding.  Speaking of, you know who else clearly hasn't gotten paid? My hairdresser. Seriously, with my roots. 

Oh but I did discover I like quinoa. It's fun to eat and to say. 

Quinoa. 

Quinoa. Quinoa. 

So I'm going to go quinoa crazy this week. 

Quinoa. 

* I'm writing this late at night while watching Miley Cyrus on SNL. After her first song, Wrecking Ball, my Dad in all seriousness says, "Meh not one of my favorites."  This has nothing to do with Slim Down Sunday, except that Miley apparently slimmed down from going "gluten free" and twerking.  I just thought it was funny.  It also might explain why this post is so weird. 

Also, next week I'm going to come back with some programming notes.  I'm feeling the seas of change or the tides or, I don't know, whatever. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top