Morning y'all! I'm having a bit of a conundrum.  All I want in life is a pink room and a pretty bedroom.  Right now both the entire master area (sitting room, bedroom and bathroom) are very "middle school awkward stage."  Like when people see it, I say things like, "oh, I'm changing this and this and this."  But the reality is, it probably will be one of the last things we do.  However, I'm willing to wait to do it the way I want it, which will probably change 12 times over the next year (update: it literally changes from the beginning to the end of this post) 

For now I'm campaigning for a pale blush sitting room.   I will have a pink room somewhere y'all.  If I'm going to have stinky (but incredibly adorable) boys playing with lizards, balls and mud all over my house, then I'm going to have to bring some girly in this house. 

So here are my bedroom and sitting room moodboards:

You've seen this one before.  The monograms would be a different color depending on what I do in the sitting room and on the gallery wall. 


* those aren't our actual shelves and fireplace, but ours look similar 

My other thought is to do a pretty wallpaper in the sitting room, but that opens up a huge can of indecision and over thinking, not to mention expensive taste (can I get some Gracie up in here?).  Also, my need for a pink room will then be transferred elsewhere.  But since our bedroom is going to be white and simple, a fun patterned wallpaper peeking out of the sitting room might be fun. 

Here are some looks I was playing around with:

With Graham and Brown Aztec Wallpaper in Gray

With Oiseaux et Fleurs Mineral Wallpaper (not cheap at all, but I love it)

With Clark & Clark Wisteria in Duck Egg

Here's the same paper with slightly different accessories:



Oy I love them all.  In real life, the trees outside the window give the room a tree-house like feel so now I'm thinking that Wisteria paper could be really, really pretty.  Argh, I'm so indecisive.   It's a good thing I'm doing this now because there is no way I'm going to have this kind of time when Little Robertson arrives.  I have visions for the entire house, but the bedroom & sitting room seem to have me stumped. 

Anyway, thanks for humoring me and letting me "talk it out." 

What do y'all think?  Any advice? (besides don't paint the room pink, my brain automatically dismisses such comments)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top