I need this house.  Actually, not really.  I prefer something a little smaller and cozier, but, I mean, say I inherited it from a rich southern aunt I didn't know I had, I wouldn't turn around and sell it.  Instead I would move in, buy lots of pretty dresses to wear in the house (it feels like a dressier, no jorts kind of house) and invite lots of people to come stay with me and play antebellum tea party. 

Anyway, when I stumbled upon the listing for the historic Sword Gate House in Downtown Charleston, I felt it my duty to share some of it with y'all.  It's a lot of house(s) that has been beautifully restored by it's current owners who bought the property in separate pieces to bring it back to one estate.  It's real fancy y'all.

 



That's really only just a small part of this pretty magnificent estate.  The bedrooms alone are so gorgeous.  This is the kind of thing I hope to see when I peek in the windows of people's houses. You can see so much more of this house on the Sotheby's web site here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top