This was going to be a Moodboard Monday post, but it didn't look very pretty so now it's just a Things I Like post.  Ok y'all, let's get into my head for just a minute.  I realize I'm about as far from the LBC as one can get, but when I think of Summer, the first thing that pops into my head is The Dove Shack - Summertime in the LBC.





Maybe it's because it reminds me of college when I did summer like a pro - think baby oil and  iodine, rum and slurpees, magazines and Funions.  Now that I'm a grownup those days are long gone.  I'm not sad because I was also really self-involved, poor and a few lbs heavier (see above diet).  Now I'm more into summer decor, non-alcoholic slurpees, keeping Edward from drowning or running into the street, and finding flattering swim-suits for my growing belly.

Ok so here are a few things that I like for summer:
(This is totally random so just bear with me)

Kelly Wearstler's boxwoods in white planters 

Lonny - May 2013

 Tasseled Tent Action & Geraniums

House and Garden circa 1939 (!) via The Paris Apartment


This indignant looking pelican - reminds me of Edward.

GalleryDirect.com


This Target swimsuit covers my belly even though it's not maternity (I actually think buying regular non-maternity swimwear is the key to finding cute prego swimwear).  It's super flattering and keeps me more contained than a maternity suit would, especially since I'm feeling more Kim Kardashian-pregnant than Kate Middleton-pregnant lately. 



This striped beach towel from Anthropologie - I mean, love.




This ikat pillow (and it's lover) needs to come live with me for the summer.



 I even revised my bedroom moodboard to accommodate him:


See there was a moodboard after all!

Alrighty, that's all I have for today.  Try to have a good Monday!!

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top