How gorgeous is our family friend's front yard?? We went over to their fabulous house for dinner over Mother's Day Weekend and I gasped when I saw their flowers.  I had to share it with y'all! 

Before, I give y'all my links I want to say a big congratulations to my husband, Kip for all of his hard work raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Man and Woman of the Year Campaign.  He ended up being first runner-up!!

Y'all, fundraising is hard work and I have so much respect for people who do this for a living or just because that's what they do.  The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is such an amazing organization that really has changed people's lives.  Kip and I have been lucky not to be directly affected by this disease, but we certainly have lots of friends who have been touched by or lost loved-ones to some form of blood cancer.  

What really got me were the images of the children in hospital beds undergoing treatment.  Every child was Edward in those pictures, and, well, it felt like my heart was in a vice and it was all I could do to keep it together.  (I didn't keep it together, for the record, not at all)  I know those parents pray every day for cures, and I know Kip was motivated to play a small part in answering those prayers.  I'm so proud to be married to him.  

I hope y'all have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend and take some extra time to squeeze your loved ones!

*** Super Special Thanks to Ashley Pittman and GalleryDirect.com who graciously donated fabulous auction items to Kip's Campaign.  Y'all are the best! ***


I love these earrings for summer

Lots of memorial day sales, including this one from Orient Expressed -
gonna get me some smocked goodness for my littles y'all

Post-baby Bod Inspiration - it will happen
*I plan to get thereby pretending I'm a celebrity who's been offered a huge post-baby weight loss endorsement deal a la Jessica Simpson. I will be reporting to y'all from the front lines come September ;)

This front door

This stacked book look is happening all over my house

Didn't know this about my gut - interesting

Good tips for arranging pillows on sofas

More of Mark D. Sikes stunning Legends Window!

Drunk Tank Pink - I could have told anyone this bit of color theory - pink rules

Some lovely pool houses

18th Century East Hampton Cottage

A super fun bridge tournament room

Can't wait to try this smoothie snack

and this kale Caesar salad

scalloped sheet goodness






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top