Ok y'all, The Suze actually used the term Blog Star in reference to herself.  She has also requested that the rest of her inspiration files be overnighted to us so we can share more.  She was at one point lost in a sea of magazine clippings on the couch.  I'm not kidding when I tell you she travels everywhere with them.  She blames it on middle child syndrome.  Whatever it is, it's good for us!

I'll start with a caveat, many of these images are from old magazines that The Suze has torn out and had in her files for years (I mean some of the images have big clunky TVs rather than flat screens so, like, ancient). I'll try to include the sources as best I can, but for the ones I'm missing (which will be a lot) feel free to let me know if you recognize them and I will credit them appropriately.

Now without further ado, I give you the back yard/back house/garage redo inspiration:

Courtyard, Stairs, Trellis

Southern Accents 
Convert the garage to an open indoor/outdoor cabana 


With awnings like these


Another indoor/outdoor room 

Huntington House Interiors, Photography by Margot Hartford 

Inside 

Huntington House Interiors, Photography by Margot Hartford 


Lots of notes 



Designer Lars Bolander 

but probably a more modern television 



A little kitchenette 


Maybe a screened in version of this porch 



and maybe a porch above the garage off the second story 


An outdoor fireplace like these 


Photo by Greg West 


Jim Winer, Southern Accents 

A nice big, clean hedge to keep out the paparazzi 

Southern Living June 2008 

Raised garden next to the pool 



The Suze assures me this isn't all of it, but she didn't want to overwhelm me.  Stay tuned for more!

P.S. I just showed her a preview of this post for her approval and as she scrolled down she was saying, "Oh I like that.  Oh, yep, I like that too."  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top