First, how fun is this wall of books?

Elizabeth Sullivan via Made By Girl 
Second, after much thoughtful consideration, I've decided to go with a neutral scheme in the playroom (and by neutral I mean blue and white of course).  I'm restricted to a rather tight budget thanks to a surprise dishwasher meltdown and using a color scheme I already have in the rest of my house allows me to bring in pieces I already own.  Also, notice how much color that wall of books brings to the room! Books and baby toys will bring a lot of color into the space so I think by keeping it fresh and clean in terms of decor, the room will feel less cluttered.

Here's what I like

Pillows:
Etsy Find: Luxe Haven Store via Chinoiserie Chic

Etsy Find: Mason Moonbeam  (although it looks like they're out of this color so we'll see) 

Jonathan Adler Lion Needlepoint Pillow 

Curtains:

Calico Corners 
or some other blue and white fabric as I'm not sure about this one.  I'm going to attempt to DIY the curtains (keep in mind I don't sew) after reading this.  The Suze is coming in town this week (yea!) so I might actually get this done while she holds the little man.

Finally, I really want to enlarge this photo of my grandma Mae with her little ones (including The Suze on the left). I sort of love the idea of her watching over playtime.


That's all for now folks!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top