While browsing the internet yesterday, looking for banquette inspiration, I came across this lovely, traditional Southampton home in House Beautiful.  This cozy family home was designed by Markham Roberts, and while the blue and white initially caught my eye, it's the traditional but fresh style that kept my attention.  Lately, I've been so overwhelmed with the contemporary bright colors and bold patterns that I'm finding myself seeking out the opposite.  I think this is a great example of how to take classical elements and make them fresh.

I love the green tufted chaises next to the fireplace 

The sisal rugs and mirror are hand stenciled.  I also love that built-in bookcase is lifted off the ground, which keeps the hallway from feeling cramped,

I love the fresh look of the fern prints and the wide-planked wood floors.  (Trivia: The Suze had a fern print couch when we were little.  It will be making an appearance here soon) 

Another  cozy banquette 

The little girl's room is very traditional with an adorable 19th century child's slipper chair 

My kind of master bedroom in blue and white. 

Guest bedroom - I love the upholstered chair with the contrasting dark buttons and piping and ruffled skirt

Another cozy banquette on the sunporch, the perfect place for me to take a nap.  I love the shades , too.
For more of this lovely home and the accompanying article in House Beautiful, click here.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top