Going on Day 2 of being snowed-in and I'm reminded why I put so much effort into making my home comfy and cozy.  I don't mind being snowed-in for a couple of days.  Edward hates clothes so leaving the house on a normal day is quite the task.  Usually, by the time I get him dressed I need a nap (and maybe a drink).  He's a home-body like me so he's happy to play with his toys and make forts (or "nests" as he calls them).  And I like to grab a snack and watch him play.  Snow days = eating days.

I had a moment this morning to flip through my new Jan/Feb 2014 The English Home, and I found a place I wouldn't mind lounging around on a snow day.  Naturally, it's a beautiful English Manor because I have to be all high-maintenance.  This pretty house known as Cornwell Manor has been home to the same family for the past 60 years.  How fun would it be to live in your childhood home (especially if it's a manor)?











How gorgeous is that armoire? And the chintz in the red room?  I'm pretty sure my best friend's mom had that chintz on her sofas in their library.  I spent a few Texas snow days drinking Dr. Pepper, eating goldfish and watching Saved By The Bell on those sofas.  I'm amazed she didn't make us sit on a blanket or plastic wrap!

The blue and white kitchen is adorable, too.  I love how the interiors in this magazine, while beautiful, are accessible.  Like you can picture yourself standing in even the fanciest room.  Natural wrinkles in a fabric cushion or pillow are not steam-ironed into oblivion.  That's what I want my house to feel like: pretty not precious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top