Sooo I had a genius idea to take on a massive reorganization project last week.  I'm proud to say I successfully took everything out of our closets.

It's now on the dining room table.

Then I figured out how to put stuff on Craigslist from my phone.  And, well, nothing is safe.  If I walk by you and don't love you, you're for sale.  Peace! See ya! Tootles! 

I've actually sold a few things! Today it was the dining room flip top server that was just plain too small for the space as you can see in the (old) photos below. 




And it matched.  And when the only two pieces of furniture in the room match, I feel like you have to mix it up. 

Theresa agrees

So I sold the little buffet-let.  Now, I need something new. 

This is the inspiration picture I keep referring to. 

from this Suzeday Tuesday post


It's hard to see, but behind the table you can make out a console or buffet or something that's NOT dark wood.  I love my chairs and don't want to cover them, but I don't want any more dark wood in my house.  Those chairs are it.  I want to mix it up a bit. 

So here are some buffet/console/credenzas what-have-you of my dreams (toward the end I get a bit more realistic): 


 Murray Mirrored Buffet - One King's Lane

1890s Hunan Blue Buffet

Algos 73" Raised Sideboard, Blue


Painted Sideboard 1st Dibs


Stanley Furniture Continuum Ocean Buffet

Redford House Lawson


Antoinette Sideboard

Lyon Sideboard

Marcel Console

Any thoughts? Ideas?  Y'all never lead me astray!  



Deep Thoughts ~ Things I'm learning about myself:  

I can't do dark wood.  I can't do red.  And I can't do brown.  That's not saying I don't like it when other people do it.  In fact, that's the problem.  I get tricked into thinking it's something I can do.  And my husband likes it so he encourages me. And it's big here in the Midwest, because it's warm and cozy and homey.  So I get tricked into thinking, "well I can do that, too."  But the reality is, I can't do it in my own home.  It's not what I know.

 It's like when I watch a Disney movie with my kids and I think, "I can sing like that, too" and then I start to sing "Let it go" (or in my time it was either "A Whole New World" or Ariel).  So I sing for my kids.  The baby claps with glee, but Edward clasps his hands over his ears and screams "Don't do that!!"  But it's hard because I'm musical and I feel like I can sing.  SO I get tricked into thinking I can sing.  I'm kind of like Britney in that way. 

AAND I just managed to make a post about dining room buffets become about how I'm like Britney.  Somebody put me to bed. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top