If you've followed this blog for awhile, you will know that the Master Bedroom has always given me a hard time when it comes to knowing what I want. But I think I've finally found some realistic inspiration.

This first little moment is one of my favorites.

Amy Berry Design
If you're not familiar with Amy Berry Design, you should head over to her web site and get yourself acquainted.  I love everything she's done and can't wait to see more.  My little sister introduced me to her work and I love that she tends toward "pretty" and "calm" - two things I need more of in my life right now.  

David Easton

Edward came home from school with a spider ring, the ring part he asked to be removed.  I swear, it looks so real at a glance, that I have about 10 mini heart attacks a day.  I stepped on it today and jumped so high I think I hovered.  Not pretty.


Tobi Fairley

The boys have also started a new game called, "How loud is too loud, Mom?"  Edward makes a loud screeching sound while covering his own ears and then asks, "Is that too loud Mom?"  Then Christopher copies him.  It's a game often played in the car or at home when I'm on my way to write something down that I'm afraid I'll forget to do.


Have y'all seen the "What does the fox say?" video?  I have.  35 times today.  Edward sang the song on repeat at the grocery store.  Even the baby has started singing it.  It's not the worst thing they could sing.  It's just one of those that gets stuck in your head.  And when you're 4 and that happens, the only thing you can do is sing.  Sing hard.

Collins Interiors

All of these rooms look so relaxing and quiet to me.  Like soo relaxing that they could probably overpower the intensity of small children and their accoutrements.  And I'm all about overpowering the little ones.  Just kidding.  I'm really just all about recharging so I can be better for my sweet boys who have endless amounts of energy. 


This post could get really long, but basically it all comes down to committing to fabric for the cornices in our room.  They will be the place I'll bring in color and/or pattern so I've been really trying to find something I won't tire of quickly.  The existing fabric is really pretty and very much something I have wanted to make work, especially because they seem to be expertly upholsteres.  It's just not exuding the extreme level of quiet I'm looking for.  

I need hiding under water in a pool quiet.  


Phoebe Rudomino Underwater Photography














0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top