Don't let the title fool you.  This is no How to Decorate for Fall Pinterest-worthy post.  This is my accidental minimalist Fall decor that I figured I'd share because, well, I like it and it's as good as it's going to get right now.  But I'm pretty sure no one is going to look at these pictures and say, "Oh my, where does she find the time?! How does she do it all!" Ha! It's ok.  I know that's why you love me, right?

I intended to have more mums, but I could tell I was pushing my luck with my cart full of pumpkins.  So I chose two of the most brilliant magenta mums I could find.  And gotta have the Royals pumpkin. I'll post a step-by-step DIY on how to do it tomorrow. (Just kidding, paint it blue and grab a sharpie while the kids aren't looking). 

In other news, I finally had a piece framed that had been sitting in our closet for 5 years (embarrassed blushing emoji).  I think my father-in-law gave it to us, but I can't be sure. 


It's perfect for our country kitchen.  I love it because I've seen that scene a hundred times: when my family used to drive from Dallas to Peoria when I was little, when I drove home from Columbia, MO to Dallas and back in college and now from Kansas City to Dallas over the last 8 years.   It feels very much a part of me and very grounding to look at every day.  I never had it framed before because I knew I wanted to do it right. 

 

Major props to Leawood Fine Art for guiding me in the right direction. 

Oh and if you blinked, you may have missed my Fall mantle decor ;) Trader Joe's, y'all.  Pumpkins and flowers and pumpkins and flowers. 

Soo much decorating stuff in my head to share with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top