* brotherly love in its purest form

I hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend! I wanted to take a moment to spread some love. I almost never blog about church or my faith because I know not everybody's into that and well, this blog's just not that deep. But this is a blog about my home and my home is in a  wonderful community, one that has really come together and made me realize how lucky I am to be a part of it. A week ago this community was rocked by a horrific hate crime when a former member of the KKK took the lives of 3 people. I'm sure many of you saw the news of the shootings at the Jewish Community Center and Village Shalom. For us, it was not just another shooting, it was our neighbors. Two of the victims, a 14 year old boy and his grandfather, belonged to my church and while I did not know them personally, it brings it that much closer to home. 

Now I so don't want to be a downer. It's Easter after all!  Lots of kids in cute outfits, bunnies and flowers.  It's a happy day and for many of us it's a day to remember that hate will never have the last word. So I wanted to encourage all my readers to go out and do something loving for someone else this week. In the spirit of the victims, let's spread some love.  I'm seeing it in my own community, and I can tell you it's inspiring and infectious.  Also, since this is a decorating blog, it will make you love your house more ;) Trust me. It's science. Doing loving things for others makes everything prettier. 


* these wonderful people held up signs for the westboro baptist picketers outside of our church during the funeral of 14 year-old, Reat Underwood, and his grandfather.  I think it pretty much sums up the Easter message.

 (Photo via http://news.yahoo.com/photos/hundreds-counter-protesters-line-street-response-protest-anti-photo-002204478.html) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top