* Anthony P. Browne in Architectural Digest.  Photo by John Wadsworth

Excuse me for being a bad blogger lady.  I'm navigating unfamiliar waters here. 

Not only am I outnumbered by boys, a situation this girly girl is not often in, but I'm also trying to figure out how much wrestling is too much for an 8 month old and how many times I can ask my son not to jump over his brother's head before I threaten to take away everything that is precious to him. 

Give me girl drama any day. 

I can handle a three hour phone call about why your friend might not be talking to you and what you should do about it.  I'm just not so sure what to do about breaking up a headlock situation or how to respond to things like "I need to go fight the dog." 

Don't get me wrong, my boys are super sweet and actually fairly well-behaved in public, but you take your eye off of them for one second in their natural habitat and well, it's suddenly cage fighting practice.  I knew this day would come, but I'm surprised it's so early.  It's all very fascinating, brothers, boys, the joy of wrestling.  So if my blogging is few and far between lately, know that I'm just fine, I miss you and I will be back as soon as I can!

 * This post is brought to you by Golf Magazine (yes an entire magazine devoted to golf), which I let the baby tear to pieces while I typed.  Sorry Kip!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top