**** 

Obviously, I want to take a moment to say my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Boston today.  It's scary and sad and I'm glad I don't have to explain this stuff to Edward yet.  It's been comforting to see this Mr. Rogers quote floating around the social media world:

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." 

That's a good one.  Thinking of you Boston! 

****


And now for the portion of the blog, where we pretend these bad things don't happen for a minute ...

I'm dying to have a backyard barbecue.  Actually, I'm dying to just spend time in our backyard.  So far those days have been few and far between.  Edward and I are like Boo Radley/caged animals right now, especially after being sick and housebound for an entire week. 

I'm kind of in love with the new Monaco Collection from Serena & Lily.  It's blue and white and made of sustainable rattan and plastic.  Plastic y'all.  Plastic lives forever.  It's genius.  


Monaco Bar Cart

Monaco Dining Chair

Monaco Bistro Table

Monaco Chair

Monaco Loveseat


I think it's adorable.  And since I'm talking barbecue, I have to mention my new obsession, Meat Mitch Barbecue Sauce.  



Best barbecue sauce I've ever had (and we are swimming in that stuff here in KC).  It's local, but I think you can buy it online here. It's rully, rully good.  It has just enough kick to keep it interesting, but not so much that Edward won't eat it.  You can literally put it on anything.  We will be using this a lot this Summer.  (Summer, what's Summer?  It's an elusive time in Kansas City when people could go outside and swim in a pool and complain about the heat.  Heat, what's heat?  It's a state of warmth not recognizable to anyone born in the last 7 months.)  Sorry I'm being so dramatic.  I need to get out of the house today ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top