Cathy Kincaid in Farrow & Ball: The Art of Colour

I was flipping through one of my favorite books, Farrow & Ball: The Art of Colour, a great enabler for paint sample hoarders like myself, when I kept going back to this kitchen by one of my absolute favorite designers, Cathy Kincaid.  It's just so pretty isn't it?

I love the soft color palette, the pretty tile and, of course, the blue and white accents.  The cabinets are painted Farrow & Ball's Off-White and the walls, which you can't really see, are Pale Powder, a color I'm dying to use somewhere in my house.

Farrow & Ball Pale Powder - 204


Here is the kitchen in the book:



Ok, one more time because I found a better image and I like to be thorough:

via The Enchanted Home (the loveliest blog) 

It all just looks so elegant!

If you don't have this book, I highly recommend it.  I've had it forever, and it remains one of my favorites sources for inspiration.




aaaaand now I think I may have to get some more Farrow & Ball books.  Their colors are so pretty and I have to properly nerd out and study their paint colors.  Seriously, it's a teeny bit of an obsession.  I read their color card like it's my favorite novel and I could easily spend my day watching videos on their web site - videos of people with nice accents who stir paint and talk about how the color looks in a room. Yep.  That's a fun Friday night for this gal!  Is that weird? Did I reveal to much?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top