Hello friends! Just popping in with some bits and pieces from the home. 


A simple boxwood and tartan wreath on my front door. I finally got a wreath up after my friend who drives by my house everyday told me it was depressing that I had no Christmas decorations up. She was right. 

Someday I want to do this outside my house: 


I snapped that picture when I was home in Dallas.  It's so magical. Kip, this is what I'm thinking when I send you back to the store for more lights. 


A little mantle decor. It's nothing fancy, but I like it. I decided to purge a lot of the decorations that I didn't LOVE. Broken handme downs and things that I just put out in the past because I thought, "well, I have them!"  I think the guys at Goodwill probably think I'm helping some great aunt with hoarder tendencies on a weekly basis. 

The JOY* banner was an impulse purchase at Paper Source. I'm normally not one for lots of word decor, unless it's really funny, but this was soo sparkly and JOY is part of my New Year's Resolution for 2015 (see #joychangeslives). 

*Edward insists it says "jail" because as he says "it has the letters J and O. J. O. Jayoh. Jayle. Jail! It says jail!" 



We are putting our Santa out early this year (for travel reasons). Every morning Christopher stops in the guest room to say hi to him and hug his leg. It's so cute and sweet. He loves Santa! 

He also loves the birds in our powder room. 


Since it's Thursday, here's a little #tbt for y'all. 


Our old house at Christmas. That picture was probably taken with my Blackberry. We (Kip) had just put the wallpaper up and we were so excited. Little did I know that we would soon be moving. To a house with lots of great wallpaper nonetheless! 

This what I was envisioning with that room. Don't laugh. 


Jim Dear and Darling had great wallpaper in their old Victorian mansion in case you ever need inspiration. 

Finally, The Suze has a few more stockings to stuff this year! 


She ordered the same white velvet stockings I did. I can't say I love mine. They're fine but maybe a little dinky. At least, it won't take much to fill.  Guess I need to learn to needlepoint! 

Have a great evening! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top