It's not Monday, don't worry. But that's how we roll here at Belclaire House.  

Last week my sister asked me to help her pull together her Master Bedroom. It's a big space with a mishmash of stuff. She wanted a new bed, new pillows, lamps and bedside tables and she has a large space between the bed and the pocket door closets. The room is painted a pretty pale blue and the one thing she loves are the navy blue and white Greek key curtains. 

She gave me a great budget for a normal 25 year-old with a good job, which means we can actually purchase things , but have to be thoughtful about our spending. She's also just like me at 25 and gets easily distracted by fun, colorful, pretty things. So my goal is to help her avoid some of the design mistakes I made at her age, like thinking I can just recover something when I get tired of it. 

My advice to any young girls decorating their home for the first time is to keep the big things neutral, then bring in your whims with throw pillows and other accessories. Invest in art that you can put anywhere, and have one sort of neutral base color or color group from which to add on - for me this is blue and white. I'm making it be that for her because that's what we grew up with and we will never get away from it :) 

Soo now that you have all of the boring info, here's my design plus a few variations to show just how easy it is to change a look with pillows. I'd love to hear your favorite! 
Sisters Big Girl Room
How funny is that cow from The Animal print shop?? It looks just like her cat and is so her sense of humor. 


Other Pillow and Headboard Ideas


Pillow Mix: Fuzzy + Periwinkle







Pillow Mix: Mermaid + Pink






Pillow Mix: Pillow + Tiger








Pillow Mix: Les Touches + Ginger Jar






Tomorrow I'll give you a round up of some inexpensive headboards and nightstands I put together to help her complete this look. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top