Blue and White Kitchen



Morning Y'all!  Is it really already March?! For this month's Blue and White Bash hosted by The Pink Pagoda, I decided to put together a little blue and white kitchen.  This one is specifically tailored to The Suze.  There is a chance she may be embarking on a kitchen redo so I took the liberty of making a few decisions for her in the event they decide to pull the trigger.  The Suze and I both love a white kitchen and I think that by keeping it neutral and accessorizing with blue and white, you get the effect of a blue and white kitchen.

It's pretty traditional, keeping with The Suze's style and what I know she wants: shaker style cabinets, classic colors like Benjamin Moore White Dove and Linen White, quartzite countertops as an alternative to marble (love the look of marble, hate the maintenance), polished nickel hardware (like these gorgeous pulls and knobs), and beveled subway tile for a little elegant twist. 

I love the Camberly Dusk Blue fabric from Aerin Lauder for Lee Joffa.  It's pricey, but would be really pretty as a roman window shade over the sink and in the bay windows.  I also love a free standing cabinet in a kitchen, like the Currey & Company Library Cabinet above, or one painted to look like a separate furniture piece.

As far as appliances go, I have a few dream appliances of my own.  The GE Monogram Gas Range is really pretty in person and just as good as any Wolf (but about half the price).  I love a Sub-Zero Fridge and I would give up a small portion of my dignity for a Wolf Steam Convection Oven.  My in-laws have one and I used it a lot when we stayed at their house while our floors were done.  It is amazing and can work in place of a microwave.  It takes a little longer to reheat things but the end result is worth it.  If our microwave ever peaces out, I'm getting one.  And finally, who doesn't love a farmhouse kitchen sink?

Hope you like it Mom!

P.S. Mom, the dog beds are purely aspirational.  We all know Ella will eat them before you can say "no ma'am."

For more resources from this board, see here

(Sadly, no one paid me to wax poetically on Convection Steam Ovens and the like, but if Wolf wants to send me one for free, I would not turn it down ;) )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top