Hello y'all! Just popping in to share a few things happening 'round here.  I don't know what I'm so busy doing (clearly not laundry, if you could see the back-up, oy vey), but I swear, yesterday I did not sit down once, aside from my morning mom's group meeting.  I'm really considering bringing on a sister-wife. 

Random Thing 1
Let's start with a pretty, shall we?


I can't stop referring to the book Big Easy Style when I'm caught in a decorating rut, which I have been a lot lately.  It's just full of such wonderful unique spaces and it's reminding me to have fun with my house and fill it with pretty things that make me happy.  I want that chair in that picture.  Maybe I could do a fabric like that on my dining room chairs to really take it up a notch. 

Speaking of our dining room.

Random Thing 2
We painted our ceiling!

We went with Sherwin Williams Sea Salt.  It's hard to get a good picture of how it really looks on the ceiling, but I love it.  It's very subtle. In the morning light, it's a pretty, almost unnoticeable pale greenish blue and at night it's a pale blue.  It's never bright though. 

I promise this is the last picture of my dining room for awhile.  There's still a lot more I want to do (see above), but this is good for now. 

Random Thing 3
Shout Out to my super adorable sister-in-law, Bianca, for name-checking me in the latest issue of D Magazine!

She's infectiously awesome


I highly recommend you check out her online kids boutique, Little Bean.  Also check out her other obsessions including Breckenridge Taylor, really cool designers that I need to feature on here, artist Samantha French, and the online Bungalow Magazine.  

Random Thing 4
This issue of Veranda.  Get it.  It's good.

doesn't match my rug
Random Thing 5
Lip balm obsessions.  My lips has been insanely chapped this winter.  No amount of anything is working.  A few things have made it a little better though. 

Splurge:
 Clarins HydraQuench Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm


I bought it in an act of desperation and despite the price tag, I would by it again*.  Not only did it bring be relief, but it also gives your lips a nice little gloss** that lasts longer than most lip glosses. 

* It may be sold out everywhere in the world right now because this happens to be the lip balm that Lupita Nyong'o tossed in Ellen's hat at the Oscar's during the neverending "pizza bit" 

** This is random, but remember Mac Lip Glass? My roommate and I wore it all of the time in college (she introduced me to it) and we would joke that it was so sticky that at any given moment we'd be walking around with a napkin and a red solo cup stuck to our lips. 

Steal:
Vaseline Rosy Lips

I just bought this stuff today, but I already like it.  It seems a little thicker than regular Vaseline, but maybe I'm just making that up.  I also love the subtle pink tint and the cute tiny jar it comes in. 


Ok y'all, have a lovely day!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top