Hello hello! Where have I been? Apparently, in the land of the really lucky.  

In the last month, I've been to Napa, Dallas, and then Sea Island, Georgia. It's been an amazing few weeks, and I feel rejuvenated and inspired.  I'll spare you an entire travel recap, but here are a few highlights. 

Even God wants to eat at The French Laundry


Yes. I ate at The French Laundry.  

{Mic drop} 

I'm out.  

Just kidding.  Y'all know I need talk about this for a minute.  It was the most amazing, mind-blowing  food experience I've ever had.  It's hard to even describe.  It was just perfection.  I'm not doing a very good job talking about it.  This is basically how I felt after every course: 




I'm a big Thomas Keller fan, so when I spotted him peeking in the dining room, I almost jumped out of my chair and asked him to marry me. But then I realized it would never work out because I like to be the boss in my kitchen.  Also, I was celebrating a wedding anniversary with my husband and after such an awesome date that wouldn't be a very nice thing to do. 


I loved this clever little detail on the sconces in the dining room



Kip and I really just relaxed this Napa trip something we never get to do with our wild little munchkins. 

From Dallas, I flew to Sea Island with my family so they could help me on the plane with my kids. Let me tell you, Mary Poppins couldn't even have helped me with the epic meltdown The Honey Bear had the last hour of the flight. He finally passed out on the landing.  

But this is what greeted me later that evening and suddenly it was all worth it. 






The kids and I had A LOT of time together. A lot. It didn't leave me any time to walk around and take pictures of all of my favorite houses. Every time I came across something pretty, my first thought was "my blog friends would love this!" I have definitely missed blogging regularly! 




This is the entrance to the Spa at the Cloister. It's also what I imagine the pearly gates of Heaven will look like. 




I loved these planters outside our friend's house on the beach. So much height and drama. 



Sunrise. Yep. I used to set an alarm so I wouldn't sleep the day away when I went to the beach. Haaaaa! But as hard as it is to get up early with the kids, it's actually my favorite time with them. 



This is about as deep as we went in the ocean thanks to the shark situation in North Carolina. 



This little guy. Bubbles bring him more joy than anything.


We've had a great Summer so far, but I've missed the blog! 

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top