When I was in Dallas to surprise The Suze for her birthday, I knew I had two missions: 1) Favor all of my favorite restaurants (seriously, Favor might be the greatest app ever invented), and 2) visit Madre, the chic design boutique that some super-stylish mamas opened in Dallas.

 It also happens to be the new home for Little Bean, my sister-in-law's adorable children's boutique.






* Last three images by Kelly Christine for Architectural Digest

These ladies clearly have an eye for all things pretty.

Just take a minute to scroll back up and digest all of the pretty details.  I spy pretty blue piping, a lantern with scallop detail (oh ya, you can customize those), blue and white eyelet, a pretty monogram, a tutu I would've insisted on bathing in as a little girl, tassels, a teepee and a grasscloth covered console.

via Madre's Instagram 

The coral door and the gray and white awning are as welcoming as the girls who run it.

Here are some pictures I snapped while I oohed and ahhhed and tried to move in.  



Everything in the store is pretty. They have so many customizable pieces, like the tassel dresser above. My sisters and I are fighting over who gets that dresser first. 



So many great gifts and accessories. 


And then there's Little Bean! The tutus alone make me want to go back in time and up my twirly dress game.  My boys went straight for the noisest toy in that room, of course.  My sister-in-law has the best eye for chic children's stuff that kids will actually like. From toys to clothes to nap mats, it's all very high quality, but not too precious.  


So many great, unique clothes and toys and accessories.


I love how you can really see the attention to detail in the nap mats when you see them up close.  My boys don't really need nap mats at school, but it occurred to me that these would be perfect for when we travel.



Madre has the most adorable nursery items! If my baby wasn't standing on my coffee table threatening to jump as I write this, I might think about having another little one just to shop their nursery bedding.


I love that lamp. A lot. A lot a lot.  And the wallpaper.  And there's even a chic dinosaur!  It's such a happy place. I wonder how many times a day they hear "can I just live here?" from customers. 

Ok have I gushed too much? Madre is definitely a must-visit if you're in Dallas! And if you're not in Dallas, follow them on Instagram for some serious design inspiration/envy. 

See more of Madre here, here and here






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top