Of course, y'all are the experts and I'm the one needing advice. I've started working on Edward's big boy room and am suddenly at a standstill. Get ready for some quality iPhone pics (they're really bad, but the first one is pretty accurate lighting-wise.) 



That's it. That's all I have. The dresser is much prettier than the picture shows. 

This is the scene on his walls right now. 



Edward is begging for dark blue walls. He's four so he doesn't really get to make design decisions yet, but he seems to have an appreciation for pretty spaces so I want his room to be a place he loves.* 

It needs more layers, curtains and some bookshelves. The sweet boy asked for a picture of his family for his room.  My heart almost burst out of my chest. 

Now the white walls are fine, but a bit drab and dirty gray looking with the way the light is in the room.  Dark blue is really hard to pull off. I don't think it's a realistic option in here. Am I right? Any color ideas jumping out at you? Suggestions? Or do I just hang pictures and call it a day. 

Also, this children's book is one of my new faves to "read" with Edward. 



There are no words, but the most beautiful pictures. It tells the sweetest story that gave me goosebumps in the end.  Get it for your coffee table, even if you don't have children.  

* Y'all will find this funny. When Edward is really, really mad at me (usually because I've told him he can't jump on the furniture or eat candy for breakfast) he will say something like "... And I don't like my blue dresser! I don't want my new blue dresser anymore! I'm going to throw it in the trash."  This is also the kid that knows my favorite flower so I can take the decorating insults :) 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top