Adrienne Chinn Design

Well, hello 2015. You feel very future-y.  I wanted to start 2015 on a high note with the above photo.  That blue hutch is fabulous.  If you decide to stop reading here, I would be fine with that, since this is the image I cannot get out of my head.  This suddenly became a crazy long post.

I made a few resolutions this year, just as I try to do every year. Some are personal goals, like lighten up, give more and read more.**

Then there are my house and blog goals. I have lots of projects I want to tackle this year, and I really want to share them with y'all because most of the really great design decisions I've made are 100% based on your advice, which is so cool. So here are some of my big blog/house resolutions for 2015.  Baby steps.

1. Buy More Blue & White. 

"Don't buy things that aren't blue and white" just didn't have a great ring to it. But really, I am having none of this Marsala color of the year business.


Remind me when I start contemplating a Marsala velvet chair or something.  I just can't live with a lot of other colors outside of the blue and white scheme. I love other colors. I just can't live with them. Therein lies the issue.

This is about the only image I can find where I liked the color Marsala.  


2.  Get It Together. 

You know, the typical declutter & get organized. Hopefully, I can take it beyond just pinning genius organization ideas and pretty places for things.  I'll never forget when I read an article (ok I forgot which article) where Charlotte Moss chastised those of us who don't keep a tidy house. Eeeyyikes!

Two things are threatening to derail me: 

Tweedle 4 year-old and Tweedle 1 year-old. 

Exhibit A: A new game called "Gathering Treasures" 



This game involves gathering items from all over the house and placing them in a room. And then jumping on the sofa (it's not like there isn't a trampoline in the room). 

Exhibit B: The water obsession. 



Usually, a quiet one year-old and an open bathroom door mean someone is playing in the toilet. This is a truth I live with daily. I am also acutely aware of any sound of running water in the house that is not of my own making and am usually quick to investigate. Yesterday, I made a huge mistake and assumed that the water running in the bathroom right next to me was because my husband was shaving. Nope. I'm sure you can guess what happened next. Drawers full of water. It was not the worst disaster we could have, but it was another reminder that we are livin on the edge over here in the land of little boys. 

Just keeping it real. 


3.  Do These Projects: 

(1) Master Bedroom Cabinets 

You might remember this post here where I contemplated doing this:



Well, I'm going to do it.  Kip is worried it will look cheap.  I'm hoping to prove him wrong.

(2) Paint Master Sitting Room Bookshelves, AND
(3) Upholster Some Chairs 

Master Sitting Room



(4) Have a Cabinet Made for Under The TV in the Living Room or Find Something That's not Super Awkward - This is one of those "I have it in my head" situations.

(5) Finish Edward's Bedroom 

Brothers' Room



(4)ish  Make the Blog Look Not So Much Like It's From 1992. 

Don't worry, I won't get too creative with the layout. I don't even know if I'll have time for this, but it would be nice to make it look a little more refined. 

It's a lofty list of goals, but I think it's manageable (famous last words).

See I told you I had tons I wanted to share!  I hope you'll stick around! (I hope you read stick around in Tony Danza's voice)

** For the first time since I can remember, I'm not trying to lose 10 lbs. This is the result of an intensely physical lifestyle forced upon me as baby #2 started to crawl. Suddenly my step count went from average to Holy Moly! I also made some changes to my eating that you can read more about here. Even though I'm not trying to lose weight this year, I still want to eat well and exercise so I'd love to try bring back my Slim Down Sundays if I have the time. So consider this Blog Goal #5ish tucked away so hopefully no one will hold me to it.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top