So the other day while the baby slept and Edward was taking a six-hour bath, I decided to pass the time by browsing some real estate listings (For the record, I was ordered not to talk to him while he played with the bath toys).  I came across this historic Kansas City home and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since!  It's just soo from another time (in a good way), and I imagine the person who lived here was or is probably pretty fabulous.  (I'm sure they are also someone I should know, but I'm like the worst Kansas Citian ever - I blame law school and children).  

These are real estate photos, which I know don't do it justice.  I'd love to have seen this through the eye of a professional photographer or from the perspective of me sitting in their kitchen with a glass of champagne discussing its history after an in-depth house tour.  


I could really dramatize my household complaints with a staircase like that.  It's not overly grand, but one can choose to pout to the left or the right, which really ups the game.  Like my kids would know that if Mom goes left, she's really not happy with what we just did.


I knew it.  Oil portraits.  Judgy ones, too.  You know I love a good judgy portrait.



I love what they did with the kitchen.  It's very "chic apartment in Paris," right?  Ok, I could be making that up, but that's how it seems. 

 


I feel like I really need to see more of this kitchen situation.

I love the fabric repeated all over this bedroom.  I wish I knew what it was.  I even love the wall color.  It's so bold and fun, but works well with the fabric. And do you know what it's NOT?  Beige.  Midwest real estate listings provide a lot of beige so I really appreciate this.





Just yes.


You just don't see decor like this anymore.  I love it.  




I just really love it all.  I know it's probably not for everyone, but for me it's a style that reminds me of something in my past.  I'm not sure what.  Probably, the interiors of the houses in old movies I used to watch, like Send Me No Flowers or Please, Don't Eat the Daisies.  (hmm maybe I should do a post on those :) )  I used to pass this house all of the time when I would walk around Loose Park trying to figure out why I was in law school again.  My mind always drifted to the houses sitting just on the edge of the park.  There are plenty of other homes in the area that I think I like better on the outside, but had I known that the inside was this inspiring, I would have probably found a way to get myself invited in.  I'm glad, for the owner's sake, that I was unaware of any potential interior obsessions sitting just on the other side of those walls. 

You can view the listing here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top