Morning y'all! No, I'm not on bed rest by any doctor's orders, although I did joke with my doctor that I'd be putting myself on bed rest after my trip.  Y'all, traveling just shy of 35 weeks is not pretty.  But it was worth it to relax in Sea Island with my family for a couple of days.  Watching Edward frolick in the waves and scream with delight was easily the best part of the trip. 

Also, shout out to my new reader friend Cannon! She came up to say hi the first day I was there and it made my day.  I figured if I ever ran into a reader it would be in Sea Island.  Folks that have been going there for years all share a special bond.  So thanks so much for introducing yourself!!

So I really am putting myself on a little more bed rest these next 5 weeks (omg).  Because a.) I'm freaking exhausted and b.) right before we left for our trip, we bought a new bed!  Hallelujiah!!! Y'all this is huge.  I didn't think we would be doing this for awhile, but it needed to happen. 

The bed we purchased is very similar to the Crate and Barrel Colette Bed



Then I found these Kate Spade Pillow Shams at Home Goods for what I now see was a major steal (they were only $45).  



They are the perfect shade of blush pink, which is really hard to find.   They became the jumping off point for everything else.  Of course, months of mood board agony and all I needed to do was go shopping. 

I moved the Schumacher Cheonceau lumbar pillow up to my bed as well, which many of y'all saw on Instagram and Facebook. 



Finally, I ordered the Pearl Embroidered Duvet and Pillow Shams from Pottery Barn in gray to complete the bed. 



We also bought a new mattress, which I'm probably the most excited for.  I'm a side sleeper so firm mattresses are no bueno for me.  I need something to cradle my curves if you will.  Kip is a "second his head hits the pillow" sleeper so the salesman told us his opinion mattered less in the mattress department, but for the record, he liked the pillow-top as well. 

We still need a few more things to complete this room:

* Curtains - they will probably have to be custom-made, although simple (anyone in KC know a good person for this??)

* Bedside Tables - oy vey, it's hard to find pretty and functional side tables. 

* New Carpet - I want a sisal look, but softer (I may check out this carpet from Martha Stewart)

* Chaise - not high on the priority list, but something I would like to put in front of our bay window eventually. 

Hopefully, I'll have something to show you later this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top