Just wanted to share some images I've snapped (with the trusty iPhone) around the house.  The impending arrival of Little Robertson has Kip and I both in nesting mode and eager to get some things done.  We still have lots of empty spaces and walls, which is fine because we're going to be here for hopefully a really long time.  I definitely don't want to spend a bunch of time and money filling up spaces just to fill them so we're being more thoughtful about our purchases.

Many of y'all saw the new mirror (and my giant bump) on Instagram.



It came from a little local antique shop that Kip and I love to check in with every couple months.  This mirror has been there since we first discovered the shop last December and I can't believe no one ever snatched it up! I've loved it since I first saw it.  I don't know why it took so long to pull the trigger.



Kip also had a long term love affair with this bench, but we never actually bought it until the other day.  Now it sits in our entry.  Props to him for a good eye! For some reason the plate wall looks tiny and too high in the photo, but in real life it looks much more substantial and proportionate to both the bench and the wall.  Not sure why it's so dinky in the photo. 

* update: my friend came over last night and confirmed the strangeness of the proportions in the above photo as compared to real life so I'm not going insane.  

Now do I add some pillows?

Maybe something like this John Robshaw number?



Also in the entry, this little vignette, which includes this pretty Tori Anderson painting I bought in Sea Island.   She has some beautiful, beachy landscapes. 



I also made some homemade nursery art.  I don't want to put too many holes in the wallpapered nursery walls nor did I want to spend too much on baby art, but the room needs a little more love.


First, my framed Scalamandre Zebras.  



I ordered a sample from here and then cut it up and framed it using frames I already had.  Now I have to figure out where to hang them.  

Then there is my attempt at art.  I'm no artist and I have no skills in the painting department, but this one turned out good enough for what I wanted.  



It looks kind of like a little pink heart floating in the clouds, obviously my subconscious at work here.  

And finally, we brought up the bassinet for storage and predictably, this happened: 



Hope y'all have a lovely day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top