I told you before, the weekend was a non-stop party, which is why I'm still recovering.  (I may never be the same).  I didn't take any pictures at the actual wedding as I was busy attending to the bride and dancing my tushy off - I was so sore the next day.  Not to worry, my sissy took some photos.  Also I have a feeling some better photos will be published somewhere, someday and when they are I'll point you in their direction.  The wedding planner, Todd Fiscus of Todd Events, is such a creative genius and it would be a shame not to share some actual professional images of this awe-inspiring party.

The rehearsal dinner took place at the Aspen Meadows Resort in a room surrounded by windows and the most beautiful view I have ever seen.




The flowers were understated (aside from the gorgeous bouquet you saw at the entrance) to fit with the contemporary surroundings of Aspen Meadows. I loved the chairs (notice the bride draping her jacket over the chair - she looked stunning that night).



We finished off the evening with a rowdy concert from Texas country singer Robert Earl Keen.  We were all a little star struck.  His music was the soundtrack to our high school days and I don't think any of us ever thought we would be dancing to his music at our best friend's wedding!


Finally, the wedding day arrived and we were all excited to see what was in store for the evening.  The bride chose Chaparral Ranch for her wedding venue and it was spectacular.  It didn't rain, but there were beautiful dark clouds over the mountains as you drove in.  It added to the romance and excitement of the night.  These pictures are outside the tent they constructed for the ceremony.  Her colors were hydrangea blue, gray and white and they looked beautiful against the green backdrop of the mountains.




And then there was the reception ... 


I love that picture because my sister took it just as they walked in to the room.  She said people just gasped and got out there cameras.  Those bubbles hanging from the ceiling are tiny candles. 

The entrance was a large hydrangea arch. 




The dance floor was only empty for a few seconds. 




The bride wanted to end the weekend on a high note so we had nothing planned on Sunday, which was wonderful because we were able to grab a bite to eat and head home to our sweet little boy.  



I missed him so much, but I also made sure to enjoy the opportunity to have a little fun. Hope you enjoyed my pictures from the weekend! Next up, I'm planning Edward's first birthday party.  It won't be quite as fancy as this, but I'll do my best ;) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top