After years of reading many amazing design blogs, I've decided to start my own.  This blog is dedicated to my mom who devours my shared items on google reader and has inspired my love of all things blue and white.
The Suze

We always joke that if you tell my mom something is French she will like it.  She has always lamented the pronunciation of the "t" in her maiden name Doubet and even went so far as to change it back to its proper French Doubaaay when she was in college.  However, even greater than her Francophile tendencies is her love of all things blue and white.  In Susie's house, blue and white is a constant and a neutral against which all other colors come and go depending on her mood.  After years of wimpering with envy at the sight of blue and white houses, she finally painted our house white and added blue shutters.  It's her passion and one that I share.

Just a li' bit of The Suze's stuff
{pictures courtesy of Laura S. Watson, 16-year-old photographer extraordinaire and all-around awesome sissy}

Needless to say, there will be a lot of blue and white on this blog.  A lot.  There will also be a lot of The Suze on this blog.  She is the reason I have such a passion for design, and, as you will soon find out, she is unintentionally hilarious.

I hope that Belclaire House will be a place to show my design aesthetic and share the fabulous things I come across.  My husband will certainly be happy that I'm just sharing them and not buying them.  Maybe it will lead to a career or maybe it will remain a place for me to collect and share my dreams.  Either way, it is, as Martha Stewart says, "a good thing." Thanks for visiting! Stay tuned ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top