The Suze almost exclusively watches movies with pretty houses, unless they get destroyed, then she finds it too stressful (she finds Christmas Vacation to be extremely upsetting).  I'm getting to be more like her in that way as I get older, although I love Christmas Vacation.  I don't need a life lesson, just give me some design inspiration and I'm happy. Something's Gotta Give was on this morning and I just had to include pictures from the set in my collection.  I love it.  LOVE it.  I could move in right away and retire at the ripe old age of 30.  Maybe it's the blue and white living room or the white kitchen cabinets.  Perhaps it's the sense of happiness I feel while watching Diane Keaton luxuriate in the comfort of her fabulously decorated home in the Hampton's while wearing turtle necks and typing away.   I want to do that!  Many other design bloggers have covered this house so I am not alone in my obsession.  They have also done a much better job of gathering the details, so I will leave you with pictures and direct you to some wonderful posts and articles on this inspirational set.  I encourage you to check them out if you want to know more! 

MORE ON THE SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE HOUSE: 
Hooked on Houses
Cote de Texas
The Skirted Round Table - for a fun interview with set decorator Beth Rubino
Washington Post
Architectural Digest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top