Hello y'all!

First, let me present to you my very first Ikea Hack.  Since Kansas City just got an Ikea, I thought I'd try and be like all of the real bloggers and do something hacky.  But since I like to keep the bar low for my DIY projects, I didn't get too creative. 

I actually 100% copied Beth over at Chinoiserie Chic because I trust her taste. She gold-leafed the Vittsjo desk as part of her One Room Challenge project (see link above)  Her's looks way better than mine.  I got a little impatient at the end.

So here's mine:




I used some of my favorite gold scalloped paper from Paper Source on to the little platform that hangs below the desk.  

It looks way better than before, despite my sort of lazy leafing skills.  It's a little small for my desktop (it's a laptop desk), and at the end of the day it's still an Ikea desk that was $40, which means one crash from a flying child, and we may be looking at a new computer, which is why it's tucked away in a dark corner of our sitting room. 

The old computer desk is now in our bedroom, which you will see in a minute. 

But first, you, may have seen on my Instagram over the weekend that I solved the dining room buffet issue.



And just for giggles, the first night of Dinovember: 


I moved* a buffet from our bedroom (I know, sounds weird) to the dining room and it ended up being perfect!  I was stressing a little after I sold the china cabinet.  I didn't realize I had such expensive taste in dining furniture. 

* I did not actually move anything.  I had some other things that I needed to have hauled off (the most gigantic big screen tv unit that anyone has ever seen) so I ended up using this company called College Hunks Hauling Junk after comparing prices.  Aside from being slightly embarrassed to have a giant truck with the word College Hunks in my driveway, they were really great. They moved everything like it was no big deal and then let me ask them questions all about hoarders.  I'm not on the slippery slope to a hoarding intervention.  I asked them. 

I now have a little (kinda big) issue, that is, what to do with the big empty wall across from our bed.  



Since I have 1,012 other things I want to do in my house right now, I have the budget of a husband who is trying to pretend he doesn't hear you.

This is what I want to do:

via

Cream and grey built-ins with a center dresser under the TV.  But that is a BIG project (see previously mentioned budget) so I'm going to either find some things to paint from the consignment shops

ORRRRRR

(this is where I bring it back full circle)

Hack some more IKEA stuff!  Seeing as I am an expert and all.  With the genius invention of O'verlays by my friend Danika of Gorgeous Shiny Things, it shouldn't be that difficult right? (famous last words). 


Master Bedroom Ikea Hacks (Do I dare?)




I'm probably crazy to consider this, but I have to say, I would love to start a project and finish it exactly how I want it.  I'm feeling the need to create something other than a sandwich and an expertly loaded dishwasher. 

 22 Life Lessons From Ramona Singer

Thoughts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top