Ok y'all! I'm going to try to get back to the business (or hobby) of blogging.  I had visions of coming back to an awesome blog redesign, but post-August-me just laughs at silly old pre-August-me for thinking I would get anything accomplished with my two kids needing 24/7 attention.  My house is a disaster, I actually think I forgot how to write and I have 5,000+ blog posts to catch up on. 

BUT I wouldn't change a thing.  I know that the days when my kids want to spend every waking moment with me will get fewer and fewer as the years go on.  I knew this might even be the last summer where we really had nothing on the agenda.  I chose to just go with it and I'm happy I did.  We had fun, we had discipline issues, we were silly, and we cried - sometimes all within a span of 10 minutes. 

SO what is the first thing this mama does when one kid is in school and the other is sleeping? Why style up my coffee table with some pretty things and look at it for 5 minutes.  Is that weird? 

So for my first blog post back, I thought I'd share with you my moment of zen. 




Obviously, no my one-year-old could destroy this in a matter of seconds.   




My mom and sister gave these sweet Herend animals to the boys for their birthdays.  Each is personalized with the boys' initials and birthday.  Over the summer, my sister worked at Madison, my favorite store in Dallas, and it really upped her gift-giving game. 




I've been getting a little crafty over the month of August.  I'm considering having a sale of some of the things I've made (like the above tray).  More on that later. 

Ok, one more time before I take it all down ...




I'm so happy to be back! I hope to find a way to blog every day, but for now it might only be a couple of times a week.  I've missed you all terribly, and I have soo much I want to share.  I'm finally feeling inspired once again.  I hope you had a fabulous summer! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top