Rifle Paper Co


Morning Lovelies!  I must say "lovely" a lot because lately, Edward has been shouting, "look at the lovely flowers!" It's so sweet.  Do y'all have Mother's Day plans?  I wish I was spending the weekend with my mom, The Suze, but she's currently entrenched in an epic remodeling project.  It's pretty exciting and I can't wait to be able to share some of the progress with y'all! 

We don't have much going on this weekend.  We have a gala on Saturday, for which I had nothing to wear so I'm using my trusty old standby Rent The Runway.  Hopefully, my dresses fit.  I've been doing a lot of shopping for clothes lately, since all of my summer clothes are either old or maternity.  I'm considering it my Mother's Day present to my self, since I've put my body through massive amounts of weight gain and loss over the past 4 years for the sake of having healthy children (that second dessert, totally necessary).  

As is the case this time every year, I like to write a letter to my children telling them how much I love being their Mother.  I started this after my first Mother's Day wasn't the parade I had expected in my head.  I had a pity party, and then realized that being a Mom is a privilege and a gift and the greatest joy in my life.  I think about all of my friends who are struggling to be a mom and how much they would give to be in my position.  I also think about my friends who have lost their moms.  There are way too many of both. 

I hope y'all have a happy sunny weekend!

Enjoy these linkies with some grown-up Mommy drinkies :)


My friend has the most beautiful baby who was born with Down Syndrome and she started to blog about it.  I'm thankful I grew up going to a public school, where kids like her Ellie were part of our classrooms.  I feel a special affinity and understanding for these amazing children.

This post had me in tears, but also put me in check.  Having a three-year-old is hard work.

I totally want to do this for Edward's last day of school

This Blue & White Little Girl's Dress is perfect for summer


I just bought this maxi dress and will probably wear it every day

I don't know why I wasn't invited on this trip to Punta Cana with Mark Sikes and Bunny Williams

I would love to get my hands on this color book from 1692


I whole-heartedly agree with this decorating advice

This Lindsay Lohan headline made me LOL - the mental image

A fabulous office makeover for the One Room Challenge from my friend Tobe

The Suze used to do stuff like this in our house all of the time.  It was so fun for me!

The perfect one-piece for moms who have to chase kids at the pool
(I bought it in bright azure and it's a gorgeous color in person)
25% off with the code SUMMER



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top