Okay y'all, I'm insane.  So Saturday night we had dinner at our friend's house.  No, I was on very good behavior.  I'm a great guest because I drink just enough to be entertaining, like in the form of a dance routine or a passionate soliloquy on The Bachelor (both happened).  Anyway, our friends took a gorgeous old home and made it fresh and new and more gorgeous.  Someday soon I'm going to show up on their doorstep with my camera and make them let me take pictures for y'all so I can show you before and afters.  Anyway, they just repainted their family room a beautiful shade of blue that I warned them I may have to copy in our dining room.  I'm of the opinion that copying paint colors is really the only way to go.

Long story short, we decided to repaint our dining room.  It's currently a predictable red, which would be fine for resale, but really doesn't go with the rest of the house.  So I made a mood board to help me visualize what could happen in there.


Left: you have the color of our friend's room, Benjamin Moore Newburyport Blue, a really pretty navy blue.
Right:  Sherwin-Williams Scanda, which is a lighter more purply blue that I was inspired to try after seeing this cute blogger's condo.
Top: my china patterns (I also have a bit of Raynaud Marie-Antoinette, which is white with gold to mix and match)
Bottom: my floors and rug.

I'm considering using the fabric to the left on the dining chairs and the rest is just for funsies. (I really want to add some pink in the room to bring in some whimsy and a citrus tree to bring in some class. Yes, indoor citrus trees = class in my world.) Ultimately, the color we choose will depend on the lighting in the room and how it flows with the rest of the house.  I'll let you know what we decide!

In addition to straight copying paint colors, I often consult this book when I'm trying to decide on a color.



I used it to help me with the color for Edward's bathroom, which is still not finished.  Here's a sneak peak though. 



Oh yes, there is a window in the shower.  I need to figure out what to do about that.  Is wood rot an issue?  That's my husband's area of expertise.  As you can tell, I need to finish the edges. 

And here's a moodboard, since I probably won't have a finished product to show you for a couple of weeks.



And finally, we need to talk about this. 



That chair is so dirty thanks to the dog commandeering it as her own.  I want to recover it in some gray velvet and put it in the living room.  It would be real purdy, but I fear the wrath of my dog.  I already had to kick her off of the bed because I switched to all-white linens and she partially tore her ACL jumping off of it. I know, not good.  Wait, what? Oh yes, Edward.  He's out of control.  He's a climber.  My life consists of that delicate balance between hovering just far enough to let him explore and feel independent and being ready to catch him when he falls.  It's special times.  

Okay, that's enough for today. I feel like I've chatted your ear off.  I'm guessing all of this will be finished by August.  

Disclaimer: Before I get any calls from CPS, I don't allow him to climb the chair on the reg.  Just for picture purposes and I was very, very close by to grab him and punish him with snuggles and kisses. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top