Morning y'all! Feeling better today, although still have no appetite, which is very strange for me as I am never one to forego the comforts of food during the holidays.  Speaking of food, my father-in-law is a fantastic cook and catered the office Christmas dinner.  He made these delicious cornish game hens by brining them in the delicious brine recipe from the fried chicken recipe in the Ad Hoc at Home.  Then he stuffed their little bootays with lemon slices and baked them breast side down for the first 30 minutes and I'm not kidding when I say they were heavenly.

Now on to some more Christmas decor.  This one comes from my Southern Accents November December 2005 issue (so pardon the poor scan quality).  I love the white decor with all of the greenery.  The house belonged to Houston designer Michelle Stewart (she may have moved since then).  I love the idea of lots of greenery in a warmer climate.  It keeps it fresh and not stuffy.  Enjoy!













Isn't it so lovely? Even 6 years later it still feels fresh.  I'm in love with the last image.  Is that a lilac velvet settee? Yummy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top