We've slowly been getting new stuff in our living room.  It takes time in real life, especially because I want to the room to look like it's been pieced together over time.  I'm going for a "house on King Street" vibe where I pretend I live in Charleston and am accumulating pieces passed down from my Grandmama and mixing it with more modern furnishings.  I know, specific.  (P.S. Who's watching Southern Charm on Bravo? I couldn't tell you what's going on with the storylines, but I love getting a glimpse into some of the homes)

Also, we have the whole issue of small children and small children stuff.  Their stuff takes up a lot of space and is not exactly chic, but I don't mind that.  I know it's soo temporary that it will feel like the blink of an eye. It just makes me focus more on having pretty "moments" in the room, if you will, as opposed to a room that can be photographed as a whole.

So right now this room is in a little bit of an awkward stage. 

First, the good moments. 



My new blue and white consignment store lamp.


Rawr.

And now for some awkwardness. 

Add caption

We have a trampoline in the corner. I was hoping this would help with the Tom Cruise sofa jumping that Edward loves to reenact. Not so much. Why jump on a trampoline when you can jump on an ottoman? (As you may have seen on Facebook over the weekend


And just to keep it real, 



This was a relatively clean day.  

The ottoman is from our old set and just temporary until we can find a new coffee table.  I want a big square coffee table that is durable and not bouncy.  Also, not glass because bouncy children.

The chairs are usually pushed back.  They pick up a sagey color in the rug although it's hard to see in the picture.

So in an effort to stay focused, here are some things I would like for this room:


Family Room Things


The big square coffee table and comfy chair are priorities.  I love that striped chair from Furbish but I'd like something with an ottoman.  I want this room to be cozy first and foremost.  And my dream is to someday have a Susie Pryor Painting over my fireplace and I love the figural painting from Kerry Steele.  It would really class up the place.  Kip is doubting by abilities to keep a plant alive and is really confused by the necessity of a birdcage, but both are important pieces of my overall vision so thbttttt. 

Anyway, sorry for the awkwardly long post.  Let me know if you have any coffee table suggestions.  I'm scouring Craigslist and consignment shops and if I ever get a moment alone I'm going to head to the antique stores.  Have a lovely day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top