Y'all, I don't even know what day it is. I've been operating under the assumption that Christmas Day is Thursday. What? I just totally made it up in my head and went with it. I haven't even watched White Christmas yet!! 

Our house is not quite the Christmas Wonderland I had envisioned for this year, BUT we have hardwoods, the beginnings of a library, and some beautiful new rugs so really Christmas just came early for us.

This is a peek at what our library looks like right now:

White & Wood - my favorite


Big Santa is up in our window much to all of the neighborhood children's delight.  We decided to put him downstairs in the dining room this year, which has worked out really well.  (Traditionally, he has gone up in the guest bathroom, but it renders the room unusable).  However, at night everyone can see I'm trying out paint samples. 

(Not in love with any of these colors, but I am in love with that dream boat Santa)

Ha! Whoops! As you can see, lots to do. 

We also finally have a tree with a few ornaments and some tartan ribbon 


A little tartan for our (Kip's) Scottish roots, need to add tinsel stat

AND my favorite fat, pink, sparkle Santa ornament that my sister gave me a couple of years ago. 

My Santa - so jolly

He makes me incredibly happy! I'll probably have time to blog next week since I won't be running around like a chicken with my head cut off so I'll try to bring you some Christmas pretties. Now I'm off to find some tinsel for my tree - yes I'm going old school 1950s - and then, I'm calling it. I'm done decorating and ready to enjoy being cozy with my family. Have a lovely weekend y'all!! 

Here's a few linkies


I wish I could live in White Christmas' Columbia Inn





This Peppermintini looks yum!   




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top