I always make these bold proclamations like: "I'm just not a brown person" or "I hate orange and black (ahem Halloween)."  Then I inevitably see something that I love that completely contradicts what I just declared.

Exhibit A.

This pillow from Pottery Barn.


It's brown and white.  The Suze and I popped into Pottery Barn yesterday, and for some reason, this pillow caught my eye. I kinda want to go back and get it.  It's really pretty in person.  I've spent the better part of my four years of marriage eradicating the color brown from our decor, so you can imagine Kip's shock (and subsequent high-five) when I told him I wanted to do brown and white in the new library we are building.  I know, "quelle horreur!" But it's my vision.   

So ya, the library.  We are in the early stages, but we're planning to make the formal living room into a cozy wood-paneled library so Kip can realize his manly dream of having walls of wood and a leather chair.  And really, I want him to have it.  He deserves it.  I also happen to love the look of lots of white linen with brown brought in by natural elements like wood and leather.

I'm thinking a pretty white linen slip-covered English roll-arm sofa like this:




And a big cozy, over-sized leather chair, like this:



I know it's starting to look like a Pottery Barn catalog, but, y'all, I really like their stuff right now.  It's all very classic, which is sort of what I'm craving at the moment.  Classic pieces that I can zhuszh up at my own fancy.  It might have something to do with the plethora (love that word, see below) of presents Edward received for his birthday.  They bring a lot of, well, color to the house, if you will.

So that's where my head is right now.  Fall.  Brown.  White.  Clean.  Crisp.

P.S. This conversation happened at Pottery Barn yesterday...

Me: I love all of the white they have for Fall.
The Suze:  I know! They've come to the ... er ... dark ... er ... dark side? No, that doesn't work.  Oh well, whatever.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top